We've all had it happen: betrayal by someone we thought we could trust. It hurts. It makes us feel angry. It makes us wonder about our own judgement.
BETRAYAL IS A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY
However, the fact is, the best way of moving through our anger and hurt is to look at it as a wonderful opportunity for self assessment and growth.
DID I LISTEN TO MY GUT?
Ask yourself these questions:
1. When I first met this person, did I listen to my inner gut response? Did I get a "sock in the pit of my stomach" or another unusual feeling trying to get my attention when I met this person or stepped into that situation? In other words, was my gut response to this person or situation negative to begin with?
2. If I did receive "a sock in the gut" or unusual feeling, did I listen and take a step back or did I move forward with this person or job opportunity or whatever the situation was anyway?
3. Even though I felt uncomfortable, did my inner dialogue in my head go something like this?
"Oh it's probably nothing. It's really, totally, probably nothing, just an over reaction on my part. It's no big deal. I'm probably over reacting on this one towards this person or this situation. I hardly know this person, these people. Why should I feel so negative towards them? I should really just get over it. It's probably my problem."
Well I'm here to tell you that minimizing your inner gut feelings can land you in a whole heap of trouble and become a big problem if you ignore it. Ultimately, is not "they" or "It" that have betrayed us. It is we who have betrayed ourselves.
YOUR FIRST RESPONSE IS A DIRECT MESSAGE FROM YOUR INNER WISDOM
Your first response is usually the correct one and listening to that inner voice, or what I call my Inner Wisdom is very important at all times and in all places.
Here's what I have learned over the years about trusting my own instinct and listening to my Inner Wisdom:
1. My gut instinct is infallable and I get into trouble every time I don't listen.
2. I can save myself tons of frustration if I listen to my Inner Voice the first time.
3. The more I listen and trust what my gut tells me, the fewer problems I have and the more peaceful I feel.
OUR INNER WISDOM IS ALWAYS SPEAKING TO US
So in a nutshell? Your Inner Wisdom is always speaking to you, through your feelings, through your gut, through your first responses to people and situations, both in your personal life and in business.
LISTENING IS A GOOD THING
So listen and listen and listen and then act according to what feels right, not what your head may be telling you about how you are overreacting. Your gut feelings are there for an important reason: to help protect you and guide you into situations and relationships with people who are good for you, people who value and support you and acknowledge you for your contributions and talents. We all deserve to be valued, compensated, acknowledged and appreciated.
But only we can stop the abuse in our lives by listening to our Inner Wisdom and then acting from that place instead of overriding it and getting into situations that do not serve us or make us feel bad about ourselves.
OUR INNER WISDOM IS OUR BIGGEST ALLY AT ALL TIMES
Your Inner Wisdom is your biggest ally. Your Inner Wisdom and Voice are the source of reliable and infallable guidance at all times. Listen and Trust and then Act. You might be surprised at how good you can feel and how great your life can become.
You are the only You in this world. The world needs the unique Voice that only you posess and the Gifts of your unique Spirit that only you can give to the world. So let all the anger go about all the betrayals in your life, past and present, big and small. Take charge of your life, letting your Inner Wisdom guide you to new growth and new opportunities and a healthier, happier, more peaceful you.